- The administrative staff must maintain high standards of honesty, punctuality and professional ethics
- They should work within the institutional policies, practices, to satisfy the vision and mission of the institute
- They should be properly aware of the duties, responsibilities and limitations of their posts. They should properly study the pros and cons of the work so that they could facilitate the requirements of the teaching staff, general administration and students.
- The staff should cooperate and collaborate with colleagues and external agencies, necessary to support the development of the college.
- The administrative staff should maintain the decorum, dignity and curtsy in their speech and behavior. They should imbibe skill of tactful communication. They should follow the maxims of cooperation and politeness in their verbal and non -verbal communication.
- Administrative staff should act in a professional and congenial manner towards colleagues, irrespective of their related position, gender or status within the institutional hierarchy.
- The administrative staff should maintain harmonious relations with other staff and students
- The administrative staff should maintain confidentiality in conduct of examination and any other policy related information, unless asked to reveal by the institutional authority.
- The administrative staff must strictly follow directions and instructions of the authority. It should constructively contribute towards the development of college and students. It should maintain sanctity of academic environment.
- The administrative staff should properly maintain records of respective portfolio.
- The administrative staff should make effort for the continuous development through training programme, workshops and skill development activities.
- The administrative staff should respect and maintain the hierarchy in the administration. They should be sensitive in following the norms of protocol in the institute.
- All the administrative staff maintain integrity and fairness in all activities. they should exercise self-discipline, restrain at all times and deal positively with staff, students and public.
- The administrative staff should strictly avoid divulge official secrets, mutilate, expunge, conceal, alter of forge official documents of receipts. They must not intercept or misappropriate college resources.
- They should avoid spending time on social networking site during the working hours &should not waste office time for personal reasons.
- They should remain away from party politics
- They should assign proper time limit for completing usual requirements of the students. They should also display the tentative time required and the due procedures of receiving varied documents.
- They should avoid procrastination of the daily office work. They should adopt the zero pending files policy. They should keep pro-active and speculative working strategies.
- The office staff should not indulge in any form of addiction during the office hours
- They should not remain absent from duty without official approval or approved leave.
- They should make judicious use of e-resources and electricity, provided impetus for office automation and inculcate paper free practices in order to make in more eco friendly
- Be present at the college and be available full-time and shall work in such capacity and
at such place as he/she may be so directed from time to time.
- Follow by the provisions of the Act, Statutes, Standard Code, Ordinances, Regulations,
and Rules and guidelines and decisions of the Govt. of Karnataka, Department of
- Collegiate Education and other concerned authorities.
- Ensure the smooth conduct of the student’s admission, examination issues and college/institution and administration activities.
- Abide and obey all orders and instructions which may from time to time be given to him/her.
- At all time maintain absolute integrity and honesty, show dedication to duty and shall avoid unnecessary action which will lead to unbecoming of an employee of the College.
- Extend utmost courtesy and attention to all persons with whom he has to deal in the sphere of his duties. He shall work hard to promote the interest of the College and well being of the students.
The Principal is appointed by the Education Board, Anjuman E Islam Dharwad as per the rules of Govt. of Karnataka. The post is subject to approval by the concerned Departments, Government of Karnataka
- He/she is full time academic and administrative officer of the institute.
- He/she should stay at the Dharwad and will not leave the city without the permission of the authorities. Before leaving headquarter he should make alternative arrangements for the functioning of the day to day activities of the college.
- He/she should encourage and support academic &research activities amongst the teachers and students.
- He/she being academic head, should support, guide and think innovatively for the overall development of faculties and students in the colleges.
- He/she should observe discipline and must bear high moral character.
- He/she should prepare budget for the given academic year, present it to the Management, get it sanctioned and execute it with full commitment.
- He/she should provide details of various scholarships from the Govt & NGOs to the needy and worthy students.
- Principal is responsible for smooth conduct of college and should guide for preparation of yearly plan, administrative and financial management in consultation with management.
- He/she should establish good public contacts in society, Dept. of collegiate education, University,UGC ,other academic institutions and all the stakeholders for overall development of the college.
- He/she is responsible for the planning and execution of sports, extra-curricular and cultural activities for overall development of the students.
- He/she has to manage and control teachers and administrative staff on the campus and make optimum utilization of the available Infrastructure.
- He/she should be cooperative towards all his colleagues and seniors.
- He/She should get performance appraisal of each and every employee & communicate to the management from time to time
- Performance of the staff and students must be highlight in a proper platform
- To maintain all the records of the institutes for annual Report of the Management
- To correspondence the Government to fill the vacant post from time to time
- To supervise on proper maintenance of Books of Accounts and arrange to submit monthly statements to the Management.
- Refrain from allowing consideration of caste, creed, religion, race, gender or sexin their professional Endeavour.
- To convene the meetings of the IQAC as per the stipulated guidelines and to hold staff meetings as on regular basis.
- Encourage the Departments to organize conferences, seminars and workshops and all those activities which enhance the quality & sustainability.
- Redress the grievances of students, staff, parents& alumni. Insist on discipline, Punctuality and accountability of the students and the staff.
- Focus on the required efforts for the placement of the students.
- To update Service Register of the All the employees
Teachers and their Responsibilities
Any person who takes teaching as profession assumes the obligation to conduct himself /herself in accordance with the ideals of the profession. The teacher is constantly under scrutiny of students and the society at large. Therefore, every teacher shall see that there is no incompatibility between his /her precepts and practice.
Teachers are expected to:
- Adhere to a responsible pattern of conduct and demeanor expected of them by the community.
- Manage their private affairs in a manner consistent with the dignity of the profession.
- Make professional growth continuous through study and research & Publications
- Express free and frank opinion by participation at professional meetings, seminars, conferences etc. towards contribution of knowledge.
- Maintain active membership of professional organizations and strive to improve education and their profession through them.
- Perform their duties in the form of teaching, practicals, seminars and research work conscientiously and with dedication.
- Co-operate and assist in carrying out functions relating to the educational responsibilities of the College and the University such as for admission of the students, advising and counseling students in selection of subject combinations as well as assisting in the conduct of University and College examinations, including supervision, invigilation and evaluation; and
- Participate in extension, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities including community service.
Teachers and the Students- Teachers are expected to:
- Respect the right and dignity of the students in expressing her opinion.
- Deal justly and impartially with students regardless of their religion, caste, political, economic, social and physical characteristics.
- Recognize the difference in aptitude and capabilities among students and strive to meet their individual needs.
- Encourage students to improve their attainments, develop their Personalities and at the same time contribute to community welfare
- Inculcate among students a scientific outlook and respect for physical labour and the ideals of democracy, patriotism and peace.
- Be affectionate to the students and not behave in a vindictive manner towards any of them for any reason.
- Pay attention to only the attainments of the student in the assessment of merit.
- Make themselves available to the students even beyond their class hours
- Aid students to develop an understanding of our national heritage and national goals and refrain from inciting students against.
Teachers and Colleagues-Teachers are expected to:
- Treat other members of the profession in the same manner as they themselves wish to be treated.
- Speak respectfully of other teachers and render assistance for professional betterment.
- Refrain from lodging unsubstantiated allegations against colleagues to higher authorities
- Refrain from allowing considerations of caste, creed, religion, race or gender in their professional endeavor.
Teachers and Authorities-Teachers are expected to:
- Discharge their professional responsibilities according to the existing rules and adhere to procedures and methods consistent with their profession.
- Refrain from undertaking any other employment and commitment including private tuitions and coaching classes which are likely to interfere with their professional responsibilities.
- Co-operate in the formulation of policies of the institution by accepting various offices and discharge responsibilities which such offices may demand in IQAC/NAAC Work
- Co-operate with the authorities for the betterment of the institution keeping in view the interest and in conformity with dignity of the profession.
- Refrain from availing themselves of leave except on unavoidable grounds with prior intimation, keeping in view their particular responsibility for completion of the academic schedule.
Teachers and Non-Teaching Staff:
Teachers should treat the non-teaching staff as colleagues and equal partners in a co-operative undertaking within the institution.
Teachers and Guardians
Try to maintain contact with the guardians of their students update their performance to the guardians wherever necessary and meet the guardians in meetings convened for the purpose for mutual exchange of ideas and for the benefit of the institution.
Our college gives utmost importance to the development of character of students and expects them to bear good conduct both inside and outside the college. Kindness, helpfulness and tolerance are virtues which they are particularly advised to cultivate.So that they develop into healthy, positive leaders in coming years.
General rules are to be noted :
- Every student shall wear clean uniform prescribed by the college.
- Students are strictly prohibited from smoking in the premises or the playground.
- Irregularity in attendance, habitual inattention, continued inefficiency or indifferent attitude to class work, lack of courtesy towards faculties, insubordination, disorderly behaviour, obscenity in words or acts etc. are punishable depending on the gravity of the offence.
- Students should have their identity cards when they go to the Library, Laboratory, Examination Hall and college office. They should be ready to show their identify cards to the lecturer in the class room when demanded, Identity cards, if lost are replace able at a cost of Rs.100/-
- Willful damage to the property of the college, books, furniture, water and electricity installation etc., will be penalised& punished. The decision of the principal is final in these matters.
- While an important activity of the college consists in imparting to its students healthy and
constructive patriotism, no student shall be allowed to take part in any political activity andthere shall be no political and other demonstrations of any kind within the college premisesdirected against established authority or behalf of any political or other group.
- It is the aim of the management of the college to keep away the college, its staff and students from all associations with any political party or communal politics.
- No money collections are allowed without prior permission of the principal.
- No meeting or party should be held in the college nor any other activity taken up without
the approval of the principal.
- Attendance at college functions is obligatory for all students.
- No tours, excursions, picnics or pleasure trips are to be arranged or organized without the
prior permission of the principal.
In the Class Room :
- Students are not allowed to loiter around in the college premises during working hours.
Leisure hours must be spent either in the library or reading room in quiet study. Students
should move from one class room to another in an orderly and disciplined manner. All
movements in the college should conform to the standards of academic decorum and dignity.
- No student should leave the class during a lecture except with the permission or under
express order from the lecturer.
Identity Card :
- Each student of the college should possess the identity card with his / her photo affixed on it duly attested by the principal. Students are advised to always keep the identity card with them and use them on the following occasions:
- As an identification certificate when appearing for examinations
- As an identification while borrowing books from library
- As general identity card for participation in intercollegiate activities.
- Identity Card will be issued to the students at the time of fresh admission. Senior students get their identity cards renewed at the college at the beginning of the academic year.
Payment of Fees :
- For the entire academic year, fees will be collected at the time of admission to the college.
- Fees once paid, will not be refunded.
- Fees can be paid through Bank Challan during the working hours between 10-30 am and
- 3-00 pm on all working days.
- A receipt signed by the principal and Bank or a person authorized by him will be issued
- for all payment
- No fee is collected in cash in the offices (No Cash Transaction in the offices)
Following measures may be taken in case of non-observance of rules and regulations
- Cancellation of admissions.
- Cancellation of term.
- Detention from examination forms.
- Rustication from examination/ college.
- Suspension from College.
- Students will be fined for not following the rules of discipline.
- Confiscation of deposit.
Library:The students are to abide by the following Library Rules:
- While inside the library, a student should be in possession of Library-Cum-Identity Card. A book shall be issued only on the presentation of this card.
- Books are issued for a period ofdays mentioned in the due date slip.
- Students who fail to return the books on the due date shall pay a fine of Rs. 5/- per day, per book for the period beyond the date.
- Reference books, rare books and periodicals shall not be issued.
- If a student loses or otherwise damages a book, she/he shall pay double the cost of that book along with 10% handling charges as fine.
- If a student loses or damages an old edition of a book, he/she would have to deposit triple the cost of the book along with 10% handling charges.
- Students are advised to check the book before getting them issued.
- Use of the Library is restricted to bona-fide students only.
- Students visiting the Library should deposit their belongings at the property counter.
- Students should observe silence while in the reading halls.
- Loss of Identity card should be immediately reported to the librarian and duplicate card should be obtained on payment.